The Hood Incubator in partnership with the National Cannabis Festival invites you to enter the Third Annual CannaTank Contest for aspiring cannabusiness owners. Get your business idea in front of industry leaders and investors and be eligible to win $1,000 in start-up assistance, admission to VIP festival events, a strategy meeting with Kayvan Khalatbari of Denver Relief Consulting, a “Brand Therapy” session with Jennifer Culpepper of Brand Joint, and more!
- Applicants must be National Cannabis Festival ticket holders
- Applicants must be 21+
- 500 word summary of your business idea and submission of required information
Prize Money and Perks:
In addition to bragging rights, the CannaTank winner will receive a check in the amount of $1,000 to assist with start-up costs, but that’s not all:
ONE-ON-ONE BUSINESS STRATEGY MEETING with DENVER RELIEF CONSULTING: Two free hours of cannabis industry consultation from industry leader Denver Relief Consulting, valued at $800. Whether looking for specific help in starting a business, entering a new market or just to get some questions answered, this is a tremendous opportunity to receive input from one of the most tenured and successful cannabis companies in America.
60-MINUTE BRAND THERAPY MENTORING SESSION with BRAND JOINT: One “Brand Therapy” mentoring session with Brand Joint’s Creative Director, Jennifer Culpepper. This valuable session is redeemable in-person at our Annapolis office or via phone call. Brand Therapy is a great way to discuss the current state of your brand, target audience, the goals you’d like to achieve and the strategies for achieving those goals. Jenn will answer any questions you have and offer her experienced opinion, as well as any resources that might be helpful specific to your brand. Brand Therapy is valued at $250 per one-hour session.
*All CannaTank Finalists receive VIP admission to National Cannabis Festival and the VIP Sunday Brunch!
Michelle Rutter, National Cannabis Industry Association
Announcing January 2018.
- February 15, 2018 – CannaTank applicant materials due. All materials must be submitted via email by 5pm EST on March 15th, 2018
- April 10, 2018 – Finalists notified and a blog post about the finalists goes live. Finalists are invited to make a 5 minute “elevator pitch” at the festival and field questions from our selection committee*
- April 21, 2018 – CannaTank Finals at the National Cannabis Festival
*Finalists are invited to attend the April 20, 2018, Summit and VIP reception and the VIP Sunday Brunch
Deadline for submission: February 15, 2018
- Email Subject Line: NCF – CannaTank Applicant
- In the body of your application email:
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Social Media profile links (if applicable)
- Website URL (if applicable)
- Title of project/idea
- Attached/Included in your email:
- Summary: Submit a one-page document containing a 500 word summary of your business idea
- Support/Collateral Materials: You are welcome, but not required, to submit video, powerpoint decks, presentations, etc., for us to consider as we review your project
- Screenshot of your National Cannabis Festival ticket purchase (including order number)
Submit application to:
The Hood Incubator is a community based nonprofit committed to education, empowerment and entrepreneurship for low income & communities of color in the cannabis industry. The Hood Incubator not only recognizes cannabis for its healing qualities but also for its potential to disrupt the cycle of poverty in low income and communities of color. Through our programs we create a ladder to economic stability and autonomy for people who were traditionally incarcerated for cannabis or otherwise would not have access to capital, coaching, legal and business development to not only enter the cannabis industry as viable candidates post legalization, but have the skills and tools necessary to sustain the volatile cannabis market. We utilize our broad network of cannabis industry professionals and our presence in the underground cannabis scene to create a “Suits and Jeans” model of diverse & equitable peer exchanges that is mutually beneficial to both parties.
Your business’s participation with the National Cannabis Industry Association means being represented alongside hundreds of other responsible industry leaders committed to bringing about a legitimate and professional cannabis business community. Our total is so much greater and so much more influential than the sum of our parts. With your help, we will be able to ensure that the cannabis industry’s concerns are always heard in Washington D.C.’s halls of power.